Used Jeep Maintenance Checklist
Once you buy a new or used Jeep from Hendrick CJF Fayetteville, you’ll receive the peace of mind that comes with driving a reliable vehicle that, with the proper maintenance and care from our Jeep service center, can last for years on the road. However, just like any piece of carefully crafted machinery, routine maintenance is needed to have your Jeep performing the best it can, regardless of the roads or terrain ahead.
While every vehicle is different—be sure to consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual or call our service center to talk to one of our Jeep service experts if you have any questions about your specific model—here’s a simple list to help you keep track of the important ways to service your used Jeep SUV or used Jeep truck.
Routine Jeep Maintenance
On average, the typical driver will put around 5,000 miles on their vehicle every 6 months. At this mile marker, there are a few routine maintenance tasks you should make sure to perform to keep your Jeep running smoothly, including:
- Depending on your oil type, perform an oil change between 3,000-5,000 miles
- Get a tire rotation
- Check your oil filter
- Check your cabin air filter
- Depending on your state, get your vehicle inspected
Do Jeeps Need A Lot of Maintenance?
Simply put, racking up miles on a vehicle increases the need for car maintenance. Luckily, used Jeep trucks and used Jeep SUVs are known for their longevity and durability on the roads of Fayetteville. Beyond your routine maintenance checklist, every 20,000 mile-mark, or about two years of regular driving, comes with its own set of maintenance tasks for your used Jeep. These tasks include replacing the engine filter, replacing your cabin air filter, and checking your A/C evaporator to guarantee your engine doesn’t overheat and maintains its efficiency to ensure your overall Jeep maintenance cost stays low.
Used Jeep Maintenance Schedule
Servicing your vehicle is a surefire way to extend the life of your used Jeep truck or SUV. Top manufacturers suggest following a high-mileage maintenance plan, along with your bi-yearly maintenance, at the 30,000, 60,000, and 90,000 mile markers. Once you’ve driven to these mile marks, servicing your vehicle includes minor maintenance like checking or replacing fluids (brake, coolant, transmission, etc), replacing filters, and various brake servicing. Some important used Jeep services you should expect at these mile intervals are as follows:
- 30,000 Miles: Air and fuel filters should be changed between 15,000-30,000 miles depending on your used Jeep model to keep your engine running smoothly and to avoid any built-up debris clogging your engine.
- 60,000 Miles: Check and potentially replace your used Jeep’s brake fluid, brake pads, battery, transmission fluid, and coolant. If you experience any issues with these components before this mile mark, bring your vehicle in early to avoid more costly damage.
- 90,000 Miles: Driving on the highway compared to the city can change these intervals, but this mile marker will require maintenance to your engine hoses, timing belt, power steering fluids, and spark plugs.
Used Jeep Service Center near Aberdeen
Whichever used Jeep truck or used Jeep SUV you have, Hendrick CJF Fayetteville is here to help you maintain a smooth ride for as long as possible. With our great service deals and coupons, our knowledgeable service team will work with you to perform any routine or major maintenance your used Jeep needs at a price that’s fair!
Whether you need service on your current vehicle, or if you’re still looking for a quality used or a Certified Pre-Owned Jeep in Fayetteville, Fort Bragg, Aberdeen, or surrounding areas, Hendrick Chrysler Jeep Fiat of Fayetteville is the place where you can find what you need. Come visit our used Jeep dealership, give us a call, or schedule a service appointment online today!